- Oct 06 2021
- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
BBCW Leather Belt Making Workshop
Scout Saddle Shop Leather Belt Making Workshop
October 5 and 6, 2021
Join leather craftsmen Mark Barcus and Levi Nelson in the Buffalo Bill Center of the West’s Scout Saddle Shop as they guide you through the process of making your very own belt. Learn the art of choosing leather, stamping a design, and applying finishes to create a belt from start to finish.
$250 per person. All supplies and tools provided, as well as lunch on October 5.
This day-and-a-half long workshop is limited to four participants for individualized instruction. Register today!
October 5, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., lunch included
- Talk about patterns
- Cutting belt from the hide–where to cut and how the leather will react
- Explore tools–edger, creaser, and stamps
- Participants practice stamping their chosen stamp style
- Edge, crease, and stamp belt
- Oil belt so it can set 12 hours
October 6, 9 a.m. – noon
- Talk about colors and finishes
- Color application on belts
- Apply sealers and final finishes
- Set snaps and punch holes