- Aug 27 2022
- 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Phil Haugen Advanced Horsemanship Clinic
When: Saturday, August 27 – Sunday, August 28, 2022
Where: The W Arena | Cody, WY
Check in: 8:30am
Clinic Instruction: 9:00am – 6:00pm
What to Expect
Phil Haugen Horsemanship Clinics are designed to enhance fundamental horsemanship skills for a variety of disciplines, including: barrel racing, team roping, calf roping, penning, sorting, trail riding, and more.
Phil’s clinics cover the Level 1, 2 & 3 exercises that are the foundation of his training program that has produced over $1,000,000 in Equistat earnings. Phil welcomes those students who have a “problem horse.” Everyone deals with challenges from time to time, and Phil is ready to teach you how to communicate effectively with your horse to resolve these issues.
Students can expect to learn and practice skills, such as:
– Lateral softness, vertical softness and collection
– Softness in the ribcage
– Eliminating stiffness and elevation of a horse’s head in a run
– Letting your horse move out naturally while maintaining proper collection
– Smooth stops, turnarounds, lead departures, and turns
– Controlling your horse’s hindquarters
– Setting your horse up for a lead change
– Building your horse’s confidence and reinforcing good habits
– Improving communication with your horse and applying the training methods to your discipline
Cody Calendar advertisers make this calendar possible.